We are Craved, curators of craft food and drink made in Britain. We’re an e-commerce start-up which exists to bring our customers the best and most unique food and drink in the country and support independent British producers.
We raised a seed round from angel investors in April 2015 and are now ready to accelerate our growth by expanding the team and the product range.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently recruiting a Sales Manager to join the team and help to grow our corporate gifting sales. This is a start-up so you will have to work extremely hard and thrive on customer development as well as sales. It’s crucial that you, in addition to your skills in sales skills, have an understanding of, and a real desire to work in, a scrappy start-up environment. In return you have the opportunity to make your mark and take a leading commercial role in the business as it expands rapidly.
Generally the candidate we’re looking for will have:
- The grit and passion for getting involved in a fast-paced start-up environment
- An obsession with food and a strong desire to supporting our independent craft producers
- A natural ability to learn new skills quickly and take ownership of projects
- 3+ years sales and customer development experience gained in part in a start-up or small business context and strong desire to punch above their weight class
- Experience in selling lower price products to larger numbers of clients – a network in corporate gifting or food and drink would be beneficial
Specifically, you will be expected to:
- Lead the company’s B2B sales efforts reporting straight to the CEO
- Be able to clearly demonstrable a strong sales track record and performance vs targets.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with both prospective clients
- Be the face of a challenger brand on a conservative market that is ripe for innovation
- Listen to customers, gather feedback, and be ready to quickly to adjust the product and pitch as we discover more about our customers’ needs and refine the product-market fit
- Structure, organise, and forecast sales using our CRM (Pipedrive), and use sales funnel metrics to continuously learn how to convert leads with increased efficiency
- Contribute to the development of B2B sales collateral with support from the marketing team
- Help recruit future junior sales staff
WHAT WE'RE OFFERING
- A package of base salary with commission, and potential for share options for the right candidate
- Creative freedom: an exciting opportunity to set the direction of a start-up
- A no-bullshit, friendly, and flexible environment with the opportunities to work from home
- Friday afternoon beers and tastings of the best British craft food and drink
- Generous staff discounts
We will interview for the role on a continuous basis and close the application process when we find the right candidate.
Send your application to David – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make sure you include a cover letter. No one likes a lonely CV.