We are Craved, curators of craft food and drink made in Britain. We’re a funded e-commerce start-up with the mission to disrupt the UK food and drinks sector and bring our customers unique, tasty food and drink, whilst supporting independent British producers.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We're currently looking for a bright and driven Operations Manager to join the operations team and work directly with the Head of Operations and the Founder to continue to scale the business rapidly.
This is an early stage startup environment which requires a sharp and self-motivated individual who can learn quickly, can thrive under pressure and is not afraid to take the lead. You’ll be looking for much more than a 9-5 job and will be excited about the opportunity to build the next big thing.
In return you will have the full exposure to working for and driving forward an early stage startup and building the skills needed to succeed in this environment. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the organisation at an early stage be part of building and scaling Craved into a national brand, with high potential for growth and career progression as the business rapidly scales.
Generally, the candidate we’re looking for will have:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in operations, supply chain, logistics or equivalent, ideally with exposure to e-commerce distribution
- A very hands-on approach, and the ability to learn new skills and execute quickly
- An ability to organise and prioritise their own work (plus teams of seasonal staff and a growing permanent team)
- A highly logical and process-driven approach and meticulous attention to detail
- A positive outlook and can-do attitude at all times plus a real passion for startups, food and drink
Specifically, you will be expected to:
- Take ownership of the day-to-day operational processes for the business
- Develop and implement projects with the Head of Operations that operationally prepare business for rapid growth and improve operational KPIs
- Report on key operational metrics on a weekly and monthly basis
- Pick, pack and process all orders for dispatch whilst maintaining key KPIs
- Be the primary contact for all logistic partners and manage the resolution of issues
- Plan and schedule the production of all gift collections on a weekly basis
- Receive, check and book in inbound stock, assess status, and monitor requirements
- Lead on resolving all operational customer service related enquires
- Support in the recruitment and training of a new team member to build a team that is capable of delivering on our ambitious 3x year-on-year business growth targets
- Contribute to developing our operations strategy based on observations and customer feedback
- Ensure excellent food safety and hygiene standards at all times
Other valuable but non-essential skills:
- Previous startup or small business experience, ideally for a product-driven startup with inventory
- Strong excel skills and experience with cloud based systems
- A passion for craft food and drink
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- £18-23k starting salary depending on experience and a potential of share options
- The opportunity to disrupt the food and drink industry in a positive way
- A no-bullshit, friendly, and flexible environment
- The chance to be part of building a food and drink success story
- Huge potential for growth, development and career progression as the business rapidly scales
- Friday afternoon beers and regular craft food and drink tastings
Please apply with a CV and cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will interview for the role on a continuous basis and close the application process when we find the right candidate. We are a small team and will therefore only be able to get back to successful applicants. If you have not heard from us within a week your application has unfortunately not been successful on this occasion.