Head of Product
We are Craved, curators of craft food and drink made in Britain. We’re a funded e-commerce start-up with the mission to disrupt the UK food and drinks sector, bring our customers unique, tasty food and drink, and support independent British producers.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We're currently looking for a bright and driven Head of Product to join the team. You’ll be the link between the operations and sales and marketing teams, while continuously improving our processes and efficiency to ensure that we can continue to grow the business and scale rapidly.
This is an early stage startup environment which requires a sharp and self-motivated individual who can learn quickly and is not afraid to take the lead. You’ll be looking for much more than a 9-5 job and be excited about the opportunity to build the next big thing.
In return you will be awarded with share options to give you a stake in the business and share in the success you help to create over time. This is an opportunity to join the organisation at an early stage, shape our future, and be part of building Craved into a national brand.
Generally, the candidate we’re looking for will have:
- Strong startup experience - preferably gained in an ecommerce context - and a passion for building great things.
- Alternatively, equivalent experience in tech, management consulting, banking, or retail.
- A balance between strong strategic thinking and very hands-on, process-driven approach.
- An ability to take ownership, organise their own work, and apply a meticulous attention to detail.
- Very strong numerical analytical skills, data-driven problem-solving, and an ability to learn new skills quickly.
- Complete comfort with ambiguity and autonomy, coupled with an innate dislike for micro-management and bureaucracy.
- A team player with a positive attitude, ability to deliver with, and through others, and a small ego.
- A humble approach and a desire to prove themselves in work delivered rather than words.
Specifically, you will be expected to:
- Own and develop our core B2C products and new experiments in testing phases to launch, linking the ops and marketing teams
- Continuously evaluate the organisation’s processes and find pain-points where there are opportunities for improvement. Develop strong hypotheses for proposed solutions and lead implementation to pave the way for future business growth.
- Develop quarterly and annual forecasting, performance and budget processes for the business to model future demand and how we meet it in the most efficient way.
- Lead the analytics for the operations team in creating and analysing reports to assess stock status, re-order quantities etc. to address future demand and stock requirements.
- Develop our commercial strategy based on strong hypotheses gained from transactional and customer analytics, and challenge the business to constantly develop through evidence-based learning.
- Help discover and develop new opportunities and tweaks to our business model that will keep us innovating and growing rapidly.
Other highly valuable but non-essential skills:
- E-commerce and/or retail experience
- NPD experience
- Hands on experience of working with lean startup methodology
- A passion for craft food and drink
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Startup salary and generous share options dependent on experience and preference
- The opportunity to disrupt the food and drink industry in a positive way
- Creative freedom: an exciting opportunity to set the direction and be an integral part of the success of a start-up
- The chance to be part of building a food and drink success story with long-term rewards
- A no-bullshit, friendly, and flexible environment
- Generous holiday policy
- Friday afternoon beers and regular craft food and drink tastings
Please apply with a CV and cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will interview for the role on a continuous basis and close the application process when we find the right candidate. We are a small team and will therefore only be able to get back to successful applicants. If you have not heard from us within a week your application has unfortunately not been successful on this occasion.
We do not accept candidates from recruiters or consultants enquiring on behalf of someone else.