Head of Operations
We are Craved, curators of craft food and drink made in Britain. We’re a funded e-commerce start-up with the mission to disrupt the UK food and drinks sector, bring our customers unique, tasty food and drink, and support independent British producers.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We're looking for a bright and driven Head of Operations to join the team. You’ll be responsible for all aspects of operations and logistics, while continuously working on improving our processes and efficiency to ensure that we can continue to grow the business and scale rapidly.
This is an early stage startup environment which requires a sharp and self-motivated individual who can learn quickly and is not afraid to take the lead. You’ll be looking for much more than a 9-5 job are excited about the opportunity to build the next big thing.
In return you will be awarded with share options to give you a stake in the business and share in the success you help to create over time. This is an opportunity to join the organisation at an early stage, shape our future, and be part of building Craved into a national brand.
Generally, the candidate we’re looking for will have:
- Strong startup operations experience (preferable gained at an ecommerce context) and a passion for building great things
- A very hands-on, process-driven approach, and an ability to learn new skills and execute quickly
- An ability to take ownership, organise their own work, and apply a meticulous attention to detail
- Very strong numerical analytical skills
Specifically, you will be expected to:
- Lead on all aspects of order fulfilment and dispatch
- Continuously evaluate operational processes and make improvements to pave the way for future business growth
- Recruit and train a team of warehouse employees to pick and pack orders (first seasonally and then on a permanent basis)
- Manage customer service and build excellent relationships with customers
- Ensure excellent food safety and hygiene standards at all times
- Create stock reports to assess stock status, re-order quantities, and model future demand and stock requirements
- Develop our operational strategy based on observations and customer feedback
Other highly valuable but non-essential skills:
- Buying experience
- Product development experience
- Hands on experience of working with lean startup methodology
- Previous experience of working with the Shopify platform
- Coding in HTML/Java
- Digital photography and image processing
- A passion for craft food and drink
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Startup salary and generous share options dependent on experience and preference
- The opportunity disrupt the food and drink industry in a positive way
- Creative freedom: an exciting opportunity to set the direction and be an integral part of the success of a start-up
- The chance to be part of building a food and drink success story with long-term rewards
- A no-bullshit, friendly, and flexible environment
- Generous holiday policy
- Friday afternoon beers and regular craft food and drink tastings
Please apply with a CV and cover note to email@example.com. We will interview for the role on a continuous basis and close the application process when we find the right candidate. We are a small team and will therefore only be able to get back to successful applicants. If you have not heard from us within a week your application has unfortunately not been successful on this occasion.