Head of Content
We are Craved, curators of craft food and drink made in Britain. We’re a funded e-commerce start-up with the mission to disrupt the UK food and drinks sector, bring our customers unique, tasty food and drink, and support independent British producers.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We're currently looking for a bright and driven Head of Content to join the team to continue to grow customer acquisition and scale the business rapidly.
This is an early stage startup environment which requires a sharp and self-motivated individual who can learn quickly and is not afraid to take the lead. You’ll be looking for much more than a 9-5 job are excited about the opportunity to build the next big thing.
In return, you will get a stake in the business to share in the success you help to create over time, come to work with a brilliant and friendly team, and be surrounded by lots of tasty food. This is an opportunity to join the team at an early stage and be part of building Craved into a national brand.
Generally, the candidate we’re looking for will have:
- 3+ years of marketing experience with a focus on content and SEO
- Previous startup experience and a passion for building great things
- A very hands-on approach, and ability to learn new skills and execute quickly
- An ability to take ownership, organise their own work, and apply a meticulous attention to detail
- Complete comfort with ambiguity and autonomy, coupled with an innate dislike for micro-management and bureaucracy
- A team player with a positive attitude, ability to deliver with and through others, and a small ego
- A humble approach and desire to prove themselves in work delivered rather than words
- Excellent intrapersonal skills and ability to build and develop a large number of excellent relationships with a long-term view
Specifically, you will be expected to:
- Develop marketing strategy directly together with the founder
- Lead day to day implementation, execution, and reporting of SEO, content, email, social, partnerships, affiliates and PR marketing strategy
- Managing marketing budget and spend, optimising campaigns against KPIs across a range of acquisition channels
- Have a track record of delivering successful content, email and social campaigns with clear business impact
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of SEO, and the ability to optimise and integrate with content campaigns
- Proven experience of successfully building relationships and achieving results with journalists and influencers
Other highly valuable but non-essential skills:
- Hands on experience of working with lean startup methodology
- UX/UI optimisation and testing skills
- Previous experience of working with the Shopify platform
- A passion for craft food and drink
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Startup salary and share options dependent on experience
- The opportunity to disrupt the food and drink industry in a positive way
- Creative freedom: an exciting opportunity to set the direction and be an integral part of the success of a start-up
- The chance to be part of building a food and drink success story with long-term rewards
- A no-bullshit, friendly, and flexible environment
- Generous holiday policy
- Friday afternoon beers and regular craft food and drink tastings
Please apply with a CV and cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will interview for the role on a continuous basis and close the application process when we find the right candidate.
We are a small team and will therefore only be able to get back to successful applicants. If you have not heard from us within a week your application has unfortunately not been successful on this occasion.
We do not accept candidates from recruiters or consultant enquiring on behalf of someone else.