Digital Marketing Internship
We are Craved, curators of craft food and drink made in Britain. We’re a funded e-commerce start-up with the mission to disrupt the UK food and drinks sector, bring our customers unique, tasty food and drink, and support independent British producers.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We're currently looking for a bright and driven intern to work directly with the Head of Marketing and the Founder to continue scale the business rapidly.
This is an early stage startup environment which requires a sharp and self-motivated individual who can learn quickly and is not afraid to take the lead. You’ll be looking for much more than a 9-5 job are excited about the opportunity to build the next big thing.
In return you will have the full experience of working in an early stage startup and build the skills needed to succeed in this environment. This is an opportunity to join the organisation at an early stage, receive close mentorship and learn from the management team, and be part of building Craved into a national brand.
Generally, the candidate we’re looking for will have:
- Entrepreneurial spirit, grit and passion for getting involved in a fast-paced and dynamic start-up environment
- A very hands-on style, and ability to learn new skills and execute quickly
- An ability to organise their own work with a process-driven approach and a meticulous attention to detail
- A positive outlook and can-do attitude at all times with a real passion for startups, food and drink
Specifically, you will be expected to:
Shadow the Head of Digital Marketing and assist them with their day-to-day tasks which will be wide and varied
- Develop and implement projects with the Head of Marketing that set the business up for rapid growth using lean and growth hacking principles
- Assist with the design and execution of online ad campaigns, on channels including Google and Facebook
- Improve our SEO by assisting with keyword research, descriptions, and content marketing
- Help execute on our PR strategy and build relationships with journalists
- Assist in lifestyle and product photo shoots and post-processing for website and campaigns
- Execute on our social media strategy across channels to promote Craved and interact with customers
- Pick and pack orders and dispatch them to customers in a timely manner
- Build excellent relationships with, and support our community of craft producers
- Contribute to developing our marketing strategy based on observations and customer feedback
Other valuable but non-essential skills:
- Previous startup experience, ideally for a product-driven startup
- Digital photography skills in Lightroom and Photoshop processing skills
- Graphic design skills in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Coding in HTML/Java
- A passion for craft food and drink
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
All expenses paid, including travel and lunch expenses
- The opportunity to disrupt the food and drink industry in a positive way
- A no-bullshit, friendly, and flexible environment
- The chance to be part of building a food and drink success story
- Friday afternoon beers and regular craft food and drink tastings
The internship is typically 3 months but and the precise start date an duration is less important than finding the right candidate. There is an opportunity to turn the internship into a permanent full-time position but this highly dependent on individual and business performance and by no means guaranteed.
Please apply with a CV and cover note. We will interview for the role on a continuous basis and close the application process when we find the right candidate. We are a small team and will therefore only be able to get back to successful applicants. If you have not heard from us within a week your application has unfortunately not been successful on this occasion.