Corporate Sales Manager
We are Craved, curators of craft food and drink made in Britain. We’re a funded e-commerce start-up with the mission to disrupt the UK food and drinks sector, bring our customers unique, tasty food and drink, and support independent British producers.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We're currently looking for a charismatic and driven Corporate Account Manager to join the team, take ownership of a B2B sales pipeline and work to continue to scale the business rapidly.
This is an early stage startup environment which requires a sharp and self-motivated individual who can learn quickly and is not afraid to take the lead. You’ll be looking for much more than a 9-5 job and you’re excited about the opportunity to build the next big thing.
In return you will be awarded with generous commission and potentially share options to give you a stake in the business and share in the success you help to create over time. This is an opportunity to join the organisation at an early stage, shape our future, and be part of building Craved into a national brand.
Generally, the candidate we’re looking for will have:
- A strong sales track record of scaling B2B sales for an early-stage growth startup, ideally for an online business with low value, high volume deal flow
- A balance between strong strategic thinking and very hands-on, process-driven approach
- An ability to take ownership, organise their own work, and apply a meticulous attention to detail
- Very strong numerical analytical skills, data-driven problem-solving, and an ability to learn new skills quickly
- Complete comfort with ambiguity and autonomy, coupled with an innate dislike for micro-management and bureaucracy
- A team player with a positive attitude, ability to deliver with and through others, and a small ego
- A humble approach and desire to prove themselves in work delivered rather than words
Specifically, you will be expected to:
- Take ownership a B2B sales pipeline and acquire new customers with the goal to build strong long-term relationships
- Evaluate leads based on systematic testing and sell with confidence both over the phone and in person
- Be the face of a challenger brand on a conservative market that is ripe for innovation
- Listen to customers, gather feedback, and adjust approach quickly as we discover customers’ needs and refine the product-market fit
- Structure, organise, and forecast sales using our CRM (Pipedrive), and use sales funnel metrics to continuously learn how to convert leads with increased efficiency
- Develop quarterly and annual forecasting and performance processes for the business to model future sales and optimise strategy to hit targets
- Continuously evaluate the organisation’s processes and find pain-points where there are opportunities for improvement. Develop strong hypotheses for proposed solutions and lead the implementation to pave the way for future business growth
- Help to recruit and train a sales team to keep up with growth
Other highly valuable but non-essential skills:
- Experience of working with lean startup methodology in a startup sales context
- Experience of working with high-end gifting, food and drink
- Previous experience of working with the Pipedrive platform
- Digital marketing and analytics experience
- A passion for craft food and drink
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Startup salary and generous commission structure, plus potential for share options dependent on experience and preference
- The opportunity to disrupt the food and drink industry in a positive way
- Creative freedom: an exciting opportunity to set the direction and be an integral part of the success of a start-up
- The chance to be part of building a food and drink success story with long-term rewards
- A no-bullshit, friendly, and flexible environment
- Generous holiday policy
- Friday afternoon beers and regular craft food and drink tastings
Please apply with a CV and cover note. We will interview for the role on a continuous basis and close the application process when we find the right candidate. We are a small team and will therefore only be able to get back to successful applicants. If you have not heard from us within a week your application has unfortunately not been successful on this occasion.
We do not accept candidates from recruiters or consultant enquiring on behalf of someone else.